People who have oily skin are bothered by the greasy texture, shine and breakouts which can be really unpleasant. Don’t blame yourself or the food you eat, because most evidence indicates that you were just born that way. Your action didn’t cause oily skin and you certainly couldn’t do much to prevent it.
However, there are certain things you can do to manage oily skin.
What To Do
1. Salicylic acid – Cleansers high in salicylic acid have the ability to penetrate into our pores and remove fat that clog the pores and lead to blackheads.
2. Retinoid – Products containing retinoid decrease oil production in the skin, which lowers sebum production and reduces blackheads.
3. Oil-free foundation – People with oily skin have no reason to use oily products that will add more oil. Instead, opt for oil-free powder.
4. Blotting paper – Blotting paper is excellent at absorbing oil without washing your face. So if you are wearing makeup or can’t wash your face at the moment, use blotting paper instead. It won’t irritate your skin and will help you get rid of extra oil on your skin.
What Not To Do
Know that you know what to do to prevent oily skin, you should also learn things you shouldn’t do according to experts.
1. Avoid using milk or creamy cleansers – These cleansers contain oil, which is the last thing you should put on your skin. Instead, use glycolic cleansers or salicylic acid.
2. Don’t moisturize – Instead of using oil-free moisturizers, look for products containing anti-aging ingredients like Regime London Dermal Grandeur.
3. Don’t over wash – People with oily skin don’t have problems with hygiene, so there is no reason to wash your face all the time. You won’t change anything, and can even irritate your skin and cause red and raw skin. Washing your face twice per day and using blotting paper the remaining time will do wonders for your skin.
As we already said, oily skin is not something you could have prevented. You were probably born with it and just have to get used to doing a few things differently to avoid unpleasant situations. However, the thing you can do is slow down the aging process using Regime London Dermal Grandeur available at Superdrug.